Why Fear Paralyzes

Yesterday's headline of a local newspaper was about the row between the homeowners of a subdivision and the noted, notorious land grabber (according to Vice President Binay).


Immediately my mind traveled back to the time this same group attempted to grab lands in our subdivision. During that time, it seems there was no end to our struggle to defend our subdivision from these men.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonycunha/4278434497/sizes/m/in/photostream/
I felt the spirit and power of fear coming over my being as I read the news story. My mind begun to imagine negative scenarios that might happen, if... See that word "if"? 


The fear of the unknown damages and blocks our mind to think positively. I caught myself wallowing in the quagmire of doubts and negativity. I have to literally tell myself to get out of this stinking thinking and begin to focus on the ability of God to deliver me and be my shield.


I recall to mind what the Lord did for us during the attempted takeover of our lands. At that time, we did everything we could. However, realizing that only a supernatural power can stand against this kind of force, I went to God and stood on His word.


Today, I can attest to you the power of God's Word. God's word proved to be true. In Psalms 33:10 says "Soon the wicked will disappear. Though you look for them, they will be gone." Psalms 33:36 says "But when I looked again, they were gone! Though I searched for them, I could not find them." These powerful words, I claimed and declared during those tumultuous time and God answered my prayers. Suddenly, they just backed out and were gone! 


There something beyond the natural. I like to think that we are created for the supernatural because we were made rule not only the natural but also the supernatural realm.


Once more, I go back to God's Word to deal with this fear in my heart. God is able.


I got this from Christian, my friend, who posted this in his Facebook account. Have you seen the movie 300? In that movie, the Spartans were outnumbered by the Persians. 

Prior to the battle, it was demanded that Sparta submit to the overwhelmingly powerful Persia by its ambassador. When he demanded that the Spartans surrender their arms, Leonidas had an answer.
The Quote:
"Come and take them." 
The Spartans have the ability to TRASH TALK! 
I love this, and that's what I did this time. Trash the negative talk that's going on in mind. Just like before, I know I can overcome fear.
Hope you were encouraged.
Jimmy 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has The Stock Market Gone Up A Lot?