Blogging For A Purpose

What is it with blogging? 
As I read more about bogging, I find there are many ideas and even contradicting ideas which makes me wonder who to listen to. 

Why I am blogging
I started blogging about six months ago. I thought to myself, that I need something to do when the time comes for me to stop working. In my age, many would probably think of retiring and  live on their pension. But the last time I was at SSS, I learned that I would be receiving a measly P8,000 a month pension. With the rising cost of living, that amount would not be enough to support me and my wife.

I thought of doing something that will give me additional stream of income and build on my retirement fund as I go along. Somebody told me to try blogging. 

My motivation for blogging
The main reason why I chose to blog was when I saw a young man, whom I call my mentor, make P500,000. He set up a blog which features news items and it was earning from AdSense. It was earning a lot that when he sold it, he made a lot of money. I thought, if he can do that, I can also do it. Why not? Sounds like I was really after earning and making money. Well, that's the truth.

I took a step forward by enrolling in an online internet marketing course by Jomar Hilario. That's when my eyes were opened to the blogging world. He offered a hefty discount last December, I was attracted and it fitted into my plan, so I took it. How much did I pay? Ney, you wouldn't believe it.

Blogging for a purpose
As I went, I learned not only from Jomar but others, who are considered "gurus" in the blogging world. But here's the thing, I am beginning to redefine my reason for blogging. Of course, I want to make money. I now realize that my passion is building up to help others learn from my experience. That's the reason why I created this blog, Jimmy Unstoppable. 

Now, I want to share my ups and downs, lessons learned, and of course success in my blogging journey. 

Does this make sense?

I hope it does.

More,
Jimmy

P.S. One school of thought says not to be too careful about grammar, just blog.


Comments

  1. Love it Tito! With your background and experiences, you have a bag full of wisdom that people needs to hear.. so just go, blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Has The Stock Market Gone Up A Lot?