When Trials Come Your Way

It has been said that problems are blessing in disguise. But who wants problems?

Many trials have come my way. Various trials and difficulties, I have experienced many of them. Does it mean I am different from others? I don't think so. We all go through various trials and difficulties.

The difference lies in how we see these trials. Perspective.

Currently, I am going through a trial of a bigger magnitude. It's shaking my faith and foundation. The enemy within is so strong that if I will listen to her voice, I will give up my hope, be in fear and give up.

Were do I go for help? More than seven years ago, a land-grabbing syndicate tried to take over our subdivision. It was a very tense situation, they had guns and goons. We, the officers of the homeowners, have only our faith in the justice system of our land. Fortunately, our Barangay Captain at that time was there to support us.

Personally, I was torn inside and out. Fears overwhelmed me. Where did I go for help?

I turned to the Word of God. It was my saving grace. The Word of the Lord sustained me until one day, the Word of God became alive in me. I took hold of it, claimed it as if it was the last thing on earth that will save me. True to His Word, God intervened! The land-grabbers just disappeared.

Today, the same scenario is at hand. What will I do? I will look back and remind myself of what God has done for us before. I will turn to the Word of God. He will do it again!

Here's a dose of the Word that I got so far:

"May those who seek my life be put to shame and confusion; may all who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace. May those who say to me, 'Aha! Aha!' turn back because of their shame." Psalm 70:2-3

"Deliver me, O God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of evil and cruel men. For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth." Psalm 71:4-5

"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up." Psalm 71:20.

These are words of life for me in going through the difficult trials and tribulations at hand.

So, who needs problems? No one does. But the Good Lord allows them to come to us to bless us. At the end of the dark tunnel, there is LIGHT waiting for us.

Who needs a blessing? Thank God for the trials and problems that come your way. Look at them from a different perspective. It will change everything. Discover your blessing in your trials.

If you change, everything will change.

Jimmy


Photo Credits:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2073/2430338903_565be08b75_m.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/123/347271850_c95dab07c8_m.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1393/1266178086_3b396939d2_m.jpg






Comments

Popular posts from this blog